Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day one of school down

Well Emma had her first day of school and we made it through it. I took her to school and went to class with her and told her I would stay as long as she wanted me to. By the way started her in 5th Grade. So I stayed for 1st period and second period , which was music. After her teacher came and got the class I asked her if she wanted me to stay she said no i am ok go. So I did. Resisted the urge to stay and just hand back and left as she asked me to do. Picked her up at 3pm sharp, she was outside with teachers and other students from class nd hopped into the car and was ready to go to Mama's school so she could go with her to pick up little sister. Essentially after I left she was fine. Did not talk much but smiled and laughed and was ok. Did her homework promptly later in the evening and was up and ready to go at 7am this morning. Got her to school just before 8 and asked if she wanted me to stay,,, no back at 3. Today is PE day and she is pumped about that. LOL Anyway also wanted money to buy milk at lunch(she has decided she likes milk alot). We know it will be rough at times, but she likes being with kids her age and even the teachers realized she knew quite a bit of English, just will take some time to warm up to folks.

5 comments:

Beverly and Robert said...

I am so glad Emma's first day went so well. I love the pictures of the two sisters playing together!

Kristin said...

You go Emma! Glad everything is going good at school!
Love, Kristin, Stacy & Bronwyn

Aus said...

Way to go guys - Emma ya'll just keep on keepin on!

hugs - aus and co.

Amy said...

Gene and Dee - So glad to hear all is going well. We can't wait to meet Emma. Hugs to Sadie from Tessa.

Renee said...

She said she was ready to start school. She was not kidding. So cool.