Tuesday, November 13, 2007

More Waiting in Hanoi

Yes we are still in Hanoi. We had our first interview on Nov 1 and are just waiting for a call back for the second part. Passport med checkup and everything else is done , just waiting on USCIS to get us our paperwork back so we can go home. I know with the change in the process of paperwork is maybe taking longer and they told us there was a back log in HCM where final approval comes from so hopefully today or tomorrow we get the interview part 2 and go home.

Hanoi is a great city loads to do and pretty much anything you need you can get here. Diapers formula baby food wipes you name it and it is available. A bag of 20 Huggies diapers cost 90,000 dong which is about $5.50 US So I can tell you no need to back tons of stuff like mentioned above, it is here and easy to get, hapro and Citi Mart(two market chains in Hanoi have all you need)

Well more later if we get word, we may have to switch hotels if this drags out much longer and well it gets expensive after awhile plus changing flights etc. So maybe word real soon

2 comments:

Jill said...

I am so sorry you are delayed! I am sure as much as you love the city you are ready to get home. Lots of prayers that things speed up soon.

Jill

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update! I am sorry you are delayed as well. I guess all you really can do is make the most of it. I will keep you guys in my prayers that you will get word soon.